Continental Star is a unique Sport and Community Club located in the West Midlands.
We have a long and proud history that goes back nearly 40 years. We started life as a football club – but are now so much more than that. Today Continental Star is a Social Enterprise and a registered charity and offers a range of community services in addition to a growing portfolio of sports activities.
Our Club, headed by General Manager Lincoln Moses MBE is run purely by volunteers, who coach, mentor and support up to 350 young children and adults every week.
Continental Star is a FA Community Charter Standard Club.
Our purpose is simple. We aim to provide the environment that:
- delivers Excellence through sport and other activities
- encourages a healthy lifestyle
- raises the self-esteem and self-worth of disadvantaged young people
- offers life learning experiences that youngsters will retain and pass on to others
- promotes community cohesion by offering a real alternative to boredom and anti-social behaviour.
More than a football club
As well as running 15 football teams (from the Mini Movers right up to the over 35s and a Ladies’ team), Continental Star also:-
- Runs a successful after-school Homework Club which targets disadvantaged young people
- Provides a women’s help group providing support and advice to the unemployed and lone parents
- Acts as Grassroots B.A.M.E. (Black & Asian Minority Ethnic) advisors to the FA and the Kick It Out campaign
- Provides intervention support to young individuals in schools
Our vision is arranged around four key themes.
Our main focus is on achieving FA Community Club status (we would be the first in inner city Birmingham) and finding a permanent home.
On the field, Continental Star Football Club has recently moved to shared facilities with Rushall Olympic – another step up in the progress of the Club. This has given us a sense of stability which has enabled us to rapidly advance both on and off the pitch. Being able to strengthen at Board level and to continue to build the capacity of our coaching staff, coupled with increasing fundraising initiatives has produced a new confidence and zest at the Club.