Established in September 2013 (charitable arm) for the benefit of citizen’s residing in Perry Barr and the surrounding area, Holford Drive Community Sports Hub (HDCSH) has been delivering a range of community, health and recreation activities and aiding the development of young people, through sport & recreation activities and services to develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate maturely and responsibly within society.
During our 6-plus years of delivery, in addition to our ‘objects’, we have developed the following additional delivery objects:
- Holiday Activity Schemes for children & young people
- A venue for cultural events from many diaspora
- The ability of being able to contribute to the Commonwealth Games as a training venue
- Foodbank / food distribution provision
- Youth diversion, development, mentoring and support.
Recognising the need to adapt to changing service delivery opportunities/needs, in June and July 2019, Trustees met with sports and community support & development practitioners and the National Lottery Community Fund local officer to gain advice on how HDCSH could ‘adapt’ in order to be ‘fit for delivery purpose’ over the next 3 – 5 years. As part of the process a Trustee and stakeholder away day was held, a SWOT analysis and an organisational strength checker were undertaken to ascertain where we are as a charity and where we need to be going forward in order to provide the best service provision we can for our beneficiaries.
This exercise identified that HDCSH badly needed a new development plan funding and forward strategy.
The Holford Drive Community Sports Hub went on to secure a National Lottery Community Fund Development Grant, to undertake a variety of development-linked activities, one being the drafting of a Development Plan including a strategic action plan covering the period: 1st February 2021 – 31st January 2024.
The Development Plan should cover the following areas:
- Organisational health-check
- Overview of delivery to date in-line with CIC and Charitable ‘objects’
- SWOT analysis
- Covid-19 impact
- Staff needs analysis
- Funding strategy
- 12 – 24 – 36 month and beyond, costed action plan.
If you would like to apply for this commission/tender opportunity, please submit and expression of interest/tender, explaining your experience of development planning, approach, methodology, costs and details of referees, in no more than 1,500 words.
- Call for tenders – Monday 19th October to Friday 23rd October 2020 (strict deadline!).
- Tenders will be assessed and commission awarded during week commencing 26th – 30th October 2020.
- Proposed Start Date: – on or prior to 2nd November 2020.
- Proposed End Date: – on or prior to Friday 29th January 2021.
- Confirmation of the budget is available upon request. Payment terms are as follows: 1/3rd up front, a further 1/3rd on the production of an agreed first draft, the final 1/3rd once the Management Committee have received and are satisfied with the final draft.
Please return to:
Lincoln Moses MBE, Chairman
Holford Drive Community Sports Hub,
101 Holford Drive,
0121 356 0622
Or electronically to:
Thank you for your consideration.
Lincoln Moses MBE on behalf of the Board of Trustees